Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/09/2017 02:00 PM, John Iliffe wrote:
> On Sunday 09 April 2017 15:38:10 Adrian Klaver wrote:

>> Remember host != local
>>
>> host is for IP connections
>>
>> local is for socket connections
>
> Yes, I had forgotten that for the moment.  I have the following line in the
> 'local' section of the pg_hba.conf file:
>
> local   all             all                                     password
>
> and this in the 'host' section
>
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            password
>
> and at the moment I can connect using this:
>
> $db_handle = pg_connect('dbname=yrarc host=localhost port=5432 user=yrcro
> password=yrreadonly');
>
> but NOT using this:
>
> $db_handle = pg_connect('dbname=yrarc user=yrcro password=yrreadonly');
>
> so I have a problem with the domain sockets.

I don't think it has been asked and for the sake of completeness, what
do you have listen_addresses set to in postgresql.conf?

To solve this is going to require starting as close to the Postgres
server as possible and use a consistent connection string between psql
and your PHP code. For the time being I would leave the Apache server
out of the loop as well as your workstation(as much as possible).

So:

1) Log into the machine with the Postgres server.

2) Using psql:

psql 'dbname=yrarc user=yrcro password=yrreadonly'

3) Using a standalone PHP script:

$db_handle = pg_connect('dbname=yrarc user=yrcro password=yrreadonly')

Report back.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com