Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 06/10/2017 07:32 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Frits Jalvingh wrote:
>
>> So, I am still very interested in getting normal inserts faster, because
>> that will gain speed for all work.. If Oracle can do it, and Postgres is
>> able to insert fast with copy- where lies the bottleneck with the insert
>> command? There seems to be quite a performance hit with the JDBC driver
>> itself (as the stored procedure is a lot faster), so I can look into that.
>> But even after that there is quite a gap..
>
> Did you try inserting multiple tuples in one command?  Something like
> INSERT INTO .. VALUES ('col1', 'col2'), ('col1', 'col2'), ('col1', 'col2')
> It's supposed to be faster than single-row inserts, though I don't
> know by how much.

When I did the testing of the patch originally I saw significant
improvements, e.g. 8x in early versions. The thread is here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/44C4451A.4010906%40joeconway.com#44C4451A.4010906@joeconway.com

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance