Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue

От Frankie Lam
Тема Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At the beginning, I used the SQL_ASCII database encoding and found it is not
working
now, I'm using the EUC_TW as the database encoding,
and using ODBC to connect to the database, excute the plpgsql functions.
(and I'm having
SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'BIG5' in the connection string).

everything seems to be fine now,
but I'm still worrying if there's any loopholes there... :-(
(Too scarey to find another `truth' about the shortcoming of plpgsql)

So if anyone has similar experience, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

BTW, if I want to insert a single slash character, `\' , do I have to use
'\\\\' (that's totally 4 slashes)
inorder to  `EXCUTE' DYNAMIC plpgsql query? (sorry for my poor explanation)
e.g.   str := '' insert into test values(''''\\\\'''');'' -- I've tried putting
\\, it doesn't work, how come it is so?   excute str;

"Frankie Lam" <frankie@ucr.com.hk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing some problem with using multibyte character issues in
> PLPGSQL. It seems
> that some double characters to have value of '0x5c' in the lower byte,
> making PLPGSQL to
> think that the statement is a unterminatated string. And this drives me
> crazy :( .
>
> Hope someone could kindly shed some light on this.
>
> Regards,
> Frankie Lam

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue
Сообщение: Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue