Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%
Дата
Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%  (Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Michael,

08.04.2024 08:23, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 06:19:20PM +0200, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
>> Agreed. While not a full solution, I think this patch is still good to
>> address some of the pain: Waiting 10 seconds at the end of my build
>> with only 1 of my 10 cores doing anything.
>>
>> So while this doesn't decrease CPU time spent it does decrease
>> wall-clock time significantly in some cases, with afaict no downsides.
> Well, this is also painful with ./configure.  So, even if we are going
> to move away from it at this point, we still need to support it for a
> couple of years.  It looks to me that letting the clang folks know
> about the situation is the best way forward.

As I wrote in [1], I didn't observe the issue with clang-18, so maybe it
is fixed already.
Perhaps it's worth rechecking...

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/d2bf3727-bae4-3aee-65f6-caec2c4ebaa8%40gmail.com

Best regards,
Alexander

От: "Andrey M. Borodin"
Сообщение: Re: Weird test mixup
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%