Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/1/17 12:03 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> I'm unsure whether it is a good idea, I like terse interfaces, but this
> is just an opinion.

I think the issue here is that the original case for this is a user
accidentally getting into an \if and then having no clue what's going
on. That's similar to what happens when you miss a quote or a semicolon.
We handle those cases with %R, and I think %R needs to support if as well.

Perhaps there's value to providing more info (active branch, etc), but
ISTM trying to do that will just confuse the original (%R) case.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)