Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes
Дата
Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes  (Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi! Thank you for your work on this subject.

I have reviewed your patch and I think it is better to add an Assert for
JOIN_RIGHT_SEMI to the ExecMergeJoin and ExecNestLoop functions to
prevent the use of RIGHT_SEMI for these types of connections (NestedLoop
and MergeJoin).
Mostly I'm suggesting this because of the set_join_pathlist_hook
function, which is in the add_paths_to_joinrel function, which allows
you to create a custom node. What do you think?

--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina