Re: The description for pg_replication_slots.restart_lsn

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: The description for pg_replication_slots.restart_lsn
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On 2020/06/25 14:48, Fujii Masao wrote:

> On 2020/06/25 10:00, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> On 2020-Jun-17, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>>> The document explains that restart_lsn column in pg_replication_slots view is:
>>>
>>>      The address (LSN) of oldest WAL which still might be required by
>>>      the consumer of this slot and thus won't be automatically removed
>>>      during checkpoints.
>>>
>>> But the latter part is not true in v13 thanks to max_slot_wal_keep_size.
>>> I think that we need to update it as follows. Thought?
>>>
>>>      The address (LSN) of oldest WAL which still might be required by
>>>      the consumer of this slot and thus won't be automatically removed
>>>      during checkpoints unless this LSN gets behind more than
>>>      max_slot_wal_keep_size from the current LSN.
>>
>> We just added the invalidated_at LSN to replication slots; while working
>> on the tests for that today, I was thinking that it might be useful to
>> display that LSN in pg_replication_slots.  What do you think of the idea
>> of publishing the invalidated_at LSN in pg_replication_slot.restart_lsn
>> when the slot is invalid?
>
> I like having separate column for invalidated_at because (at least for me)
> it's a bit confusing to report the different meaning values in the same column
> depending on the state.

Is there any other objection to the patch? If nothing, I'd like to push it.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: INDEX with optional storage parameter value
Сообщение: Re: INDEX with optional storage parameter value