PostgreSQL 15 minor documentation improvements

От Максим Яблоков
Тема PostgreSQL 15 minor documentation improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Hello!

I’ve noticed that some changes concerning replacement of archive_command by archive_library in the documentation for PostgreSQL 15 do not quite fit in:

1. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/continuous-archiving.html

2. The same page.
If the archive process has fallen behind because of failures of the archive library, it will keep retrying until the archive succeeds and the backup is complete. - again, what about archive command?

3. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/app-pgbasebackup.html

All WAL records required for the backup must contain sufficient full-page writes, which requires you to enable full_page_writes on the primary and not to use a tool in your archive_library to remove full-page writes from WAL files. - the same question here. I believe that we can write in general: and not to use a tool to remove full-page writes from WAL files (?).

I have prepared a small patch with possible changes of these places, and also a separate patch with some improvements concerning missed/inapt tags. Please have a look.

p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.25cm; background: transparent }code.western { font-family: "Liberation Mono", monospace }code.cjk { font-family: "Noto Sans Mono CJK SC", monospace }code.ctl { font-family: "Liberation Mono", monospace }a:link { color: #000080; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }

--
Best regards,
Maxim Yablokov