Re: Proper case function

От Michael Gould
Тема Re: Proper case function
Дата
Re: Proper case function  (John Summerfield <postgres@herakles.homelinux.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
Gary,

Based on what I read it wouldn't handle cases where the result should be

MacDonald from macdonald.  There are other cases such as the sentence below

('it''s crazy! i couldn''t believe kate mcdonald, leo dicaprio, (terrence)
trent d''arby (circa the 80''s), and jada pinkett-smith all showed up to
[cHris o''donnell''s] party...donning l''oreal lIpstick! They''re heading to
o''neil''s pub later on t''nite. the_underscore_test. the-hyphen-test)

This wouldn't handle the quotes and proper case all of the words.

Best Regards

Mike Gould

"Gary Chambers" <gwchamb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone got a proper case function that they are willing to share.
 We're
>> moving from SQL Anywhere to PostgreSQL and decided that much of our data
is
>> upper case when it really should be proper cased.  The columns that we
will
>> be putting proper case data in are all defined using the contrib module
>> citext which makes searching very nice.
>
> Why doesn't the initcap function work as you require?
>
> -- Gary Chambers
>
> /* Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft! */
>
> --

Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904.226.0978