Re: How psql source code can be protected?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: How psql source code can be protected?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Marius Pitigoi
<marius.pitigoi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to protect psql source code? For example oracle has wrap
> utility.
> I want to deploy my DB on a hosting company server. But they can see my
> functions code (they have root privileges) and this is what I want to avoid.

It's impossible to do this if the company has access to the database
superuser account.  If they have root access on the box there is no
real effective way from keeping them from using that account (your
main line of defense is pg_hba.conf which they can simply adjust).

If you limit them to a restricted account you can prevent casual
browsing of your procedure code by revoking select access from pg_proc
from that account and 'public'.

merlin