Re: NAS

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: NAS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Marco Fortina <marco.fortina@bsc.it> wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> A customer of our company would like to create a 2 nodes cluster connected
> to an external NAS storage. I would like to know if PostgreSQL supports its
> datafiles on this kind of storage and if this solution is certified.

probably you are interested in the hot standby feature which is
looking like a lock for 8.5.  it's not exactly what you asked for (you
need two complete copies of your database), but you get high
availability, a queryable slave, and very strong data guarantees if
combined with synchronous replication.

As for NAS, just pretend it stands for: Nightmare (of) Administrator
Scenario :-)

merlin