Re: Problem with listen_addresses = '*' on 8.4beta2 on AIX

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Problem with listen_addresses = '*' on 8.4beta2 on AIX
Дата
Re: Problem with listen_addresses = '*' on 8.4beta2 on AIX  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
>> Maybe it would be good enough to state that AIX is only supported with
>> certain fixpacks installed? And do without all the AIX hacks?
>
> That would definitely be a good-enough solution in my opinion,
> as long as we can document which fixes are needed for which releases.

my take is to go with Albe's solution.  I'm downloading the cumulative
fixpack for 4.3.3:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/aix433fixes/ml11package.html

If the above fixes the problem with the aix hacks removed, problem
solved.  If it doesn't, then let's face the music and formally drop
support for aix 4.3 for 8.4.  (and, other than that, do nothing).

merlin