Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> David Fetter escribió:
>> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:10:18PM -0300, Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
>> > Hi all.
>> >
>> > I'll make this faster.
>> >
>> > I hace this table and this function:
>>
>> You should only ever assume that your SELECT's output will have a
>> particular ordering when you include an ORDER BY clause that actually
>> specifies the order well enough :)
>
> Yeah, we went over this on the spanish list, turned out that I couldn't
> remember about syncscan :-)

I like the new behavior.  It really encourages proper use of order by,
because the natural ordering results are effectively randomized.  A
class of subtle bugs has been made obvious.  :)

merlin

Сообщение: Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query
Сообщение: Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query