Re: A couple of PG schedule reminders

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: A couple of PG schedule reminders
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Don't forget that our first "commit fest" for 8.4 development starts
>  Saturday March 1.  If you've got a patch that you'd like reviewed in
>  this fest, it's time to send it in.  (But there's plenty more fests
>  to come, so don't panic about it.)
>
>  Also, 8.3.0 has been out for almost a month, so it's time to start
>  thinking about 8.3.1.  The current plan is to freeze 8.3.1 on Thursday
>  Mar 13 for public announcement Monday Mar 17; though of course this
>  could change in the event of discovery of disastrous bugs.
>
>  A note about the relationship of these events: IMHO commit fest
>  should not affect our handling of maintenance of existing releases.
>  Investigation and patching of bugs that are in the field has always
>  had high priority regardless of where we are in a development/release
>  cycle, and I don't see commit fests as changing that.  But if anyone
>  wants to argue for a different policy, feel free to do so...

I am interested in securing a review/discussion for the libpq
parameter stuff.  See:
(http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches_hold/thrd6.html) -> PGparam.
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080111.184825.26caadc0.en.html

The code is functional, tested, documented, and (unfortunately) not
very well discussed.  It's a fairly big patch with various
implementation compromises so maybe a reviewer guide is in order.  A
new version with some very minor bug fixes is coming soon.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql return execute ...
Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql return execute ...