Re: viewing source code

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: viewing source code
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Dec 20, 2007 11:30 AM, Roberts, Jon <Jon.Roberts@asurion.com> wrote:
> [...]

option 3 is really option 2. having this option is all the flexibility
you need.  i understand in certain cases you want to prevent code from
being available to see from certain users, but i don't buy the
adoption argument...most people dont actually become aware of
implications of pg_proc until after development has started.  simply
having a choice, either directly community supported or maintained
outside in pgfoundry should be enough.  in the majority of cases, who
can see the code doesn't matter.

i do however strongly disagree that hiding the code is bad in
principle... i was in the past  in this exact situation for business
reasons out of my control (this is why I know the pgadmin route wont
work, i've chased down that angle already), so i'm highly sympathetic
to people who need to do this.  i opted for revoke from pg_proc route,
which, while crude was highly effective.

merlin