Re: Database connections and stored procs (functions)

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Database connections and stored procs (functions)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/5/07, Radhika S <radhika.sambamurti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running postgres 8.2 on RH linux.
> My daemon downloads files and then inserts the data into preliminary
> tables, and finally calls a stored procedure which reads data from a
> view and inserts into the final table.
>
> I have a bit of a peculiar problem. (I understand this may not be the
> right venue).
>
> My deamon calls a stored procedure SP_LoadFiles().
> The daemon stops syncing at about 6:30 pm and restarts syncing at about 7:30 am.
>
> Every day, I have to manually re-start the daemon for the function
> sp_LoadFiles() to actually load the files.
> I can see that the procedure is being called, but it does not load the data.
> If I run the procedure manually  via psql : select * from
> sp_loadfiles(); it works and the data is loaded.
> my stored proc sp_loadfiles is accessing a View which is accessing a
> couple of tables. There is no dynamic sql being generated, just
> inserts from the view.
>
> Is this a connection issue?
> Do I have to end the daemons db connection. Is this set in the postgresql.conf?

the answer to your question probably lies within the log.  make sure
your daemon is logging  the connection attempt and any errors.  Check
the database log for any problems.  My gut is telling me the problem
might be on your end (can't be sure with this info).

merlin