Re: Ready for beta2?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Ready for beta2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/21/07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > We have had very few beta1 issues.  I am thinking we should release
> > beta2 next week and perhaps accelerate beta and consider a final release
> > in November rather than December.  Because of the length of our feature
> > freeze it is possible we are not going to have as many beta bugs.
> >

> Unfortunately, I think that's because people haven't been testing.  At
> my keynote at the PostgreSQL Fall Conference yesterday, I asked the
> audience of 63 people how many had built 8.3 beta and tried to run
> something on it ... 3.  And these are our enthusiasts.

I've been beating on the database throughout the development cycle and
on the beta.  I haven't tested some particular features like the new
tsearch stuff but have done a lot of stress testing.  The stability of
the database has been really remarkable.

Since there is a catalog bump my suggestion would be to wrap beta2
asap...hopefully that will be the last one.  wrt moving to RC1 and
beyond, it's looking good to me...give me a heads up if you are
looking for testing in particular areas.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL performance issues
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL performance issues