Re: read-only queries on PITRslaves, any progress?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: read-only queries on PITRslaves, any progress?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/18/07, Alexander Staubo <alex@purefiction.net> wrote:
> On 9/15/07, Marinos Yannikos <mjy@geizhals.at> wrote:
> > this might not be the best place to ask, but has there been any further
> > progress or an alternative project to Florian Pflug's SoC 2007 proposal
> > about enabling PITR slaves to serve read-only queries? It seems like an
> > elegant way to load-balance a PostgreSQL database with very little overhead.
>
> I too would love to hear about this.

Florian has been hard at work on getting the lazy xid assignment patch
in for 8.3, which is now complete.  AIUI, this is an important step
towards read only pitr slave (with other advantages too), and shows
that things are moving along.  I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm
guessing you will start to hear more about this when the 8.3 beta is
wrapped.

merlin