Re: PostgreSQL data loss

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: PostgreSQL data loss
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/26/07, BluDes <DESPAMMAMIdarocchi@perfavoretiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   I have a problem with one of my costomers.
> I made a program that uses a PostgreSQL (win32) database to save its data.
> My customer claims that he lost lots of data reguarding his own clients
> and that those data had surely been saved on the database.
> My first guess is that he is the one who deleted the data but wants to
> blame someone else, obviously I can't prove it.

I've been working with PostgreSQL since early 7.1 on dozens of
projects and I've had maybe two or three cases of data corruption that
were not explained by hardware failure or something like that (and
even these cases were debatable since I was not in direct control of
the server).  Both of those cases had side effects...the corruption
busted something else which sent immediate red flags that something
was wrong.

I think your customer is CYA.

merlin