Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Дата
Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?  ("Luke Lonergan" <llonergan@greenplum.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/8/06, Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> wrote:
> Hi, Brian,
>
> Brian Hurt wrote:
>
> > So the question is: is there an easy to install and run, read-heavy
> > benchmark out there that I can wave at them to get them to fix the
> > problem?
>
> For sequential read performance, use dd. Most variants of dd I've seen
> output some timing information, and if not, do a "time dd
> if=/your/device of=/dev/null bs=1M" on the partition.

we had a similar problem with a hitachi san, the ams200.  Their
performance group refused to admit the fact that 50mb/sec dd test was
a valid performance benchmark and needed to be addressed.  Yes, that
was a HITACHI SAN, the AMS200, which hitachi's performance group
claimed was 'acceptable performance'.  This was the advice we got
after swapping out all the hardware and buying an entitlement to
redhat enterprise which we had to do to get them to talk to us.

oh, the unit also lost a controller after about a week of
operation...the unit being a HITACHI SAN, the AMS200.

any questions?

merlin

p.s. we have had good experiences with the adtx.

Сообщение: Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Сообщение: Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?