Re: Function returning setof more than 1 table

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Function returning setof more than 1 table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/27/06, J S B <jsbali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I have a function (language sql) returning SETOF more than one table?
>
> Thanks,
> Jas

no, but you can return a record of refcursors. note this is plpgsql.
if you are willing to bend on   the language, you will find refcursors
to be pretty cool, you can pass them to other functions,   kind of
like handles to query results.

in pure sql, you pretty much have to write to temp tables.  make sure
you create the temp table before you run the function...

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Send email from PostgreSQL, may I ?
Сообщение: Re: Send email from PostgreSQL, may I ?