Re: Jdbc/postgres performance

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Jdbc/postgres performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> > this is not really a jdbc issue, just a practical problem with
> > prepared statements...
>
> Specifically, that the OP is running a 7.4 backend, which was our
> first venture into prepared parameterized statements.  PG 8.1 will
> do better, 8.2 should do better yet.

I haven't looked at 8.2 because I no longer work at my previous
position, but I was significantly affected by this problem through the
8.1 release.  The speed advantages of preparing certain types queries
are dramatic and there are some decent use cases for pramaterizing
limit and other input parameters that are difficult to guess.

merlin