Re: COPY FROM STDIN instead of INSERT

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: COPY FROM STDIN instead of INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/18/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> Binary may be slightly faster because the datum parsing can be
> partially skipped, but that's hardly much benefit over a text copy.

I tested binary quite a bit and only found it to be a win if moving
blobs in and out of the database.  On 'normal' tables of mixed fields
types of small size, it can actually be slower.  Binary is a bit
faster for native types and bytea, and slower for character types.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: COPY FROM STDIN instead of INSERT
Сообщение: Re: COPY FROM STDIN instead of INSERT