Re: plpgsql handling a set of values

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: plpgsql handling a set of values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/11/06, pobox@verysmall.org <pobox@verysmall.org> wrote:
> > I think you should have a look at the ltree contrib package. It
> > implements tree-like structures, and probably makes your problem much
> > simpler.
>
> I have never used contrib modules with PostgreSQL - are they easy to
> handle - I mean, especially upon upgrade, etc.

installation:
make && make install

upgrade issue is tricky.  their is a lower burden of backwards
compatibility than on in-core features.  for example, some of contrib
was gpl and is getting moved out/changed.  however, the more popular
modules, like tsearch are very well supported.  I haven't used ltree
module myself but on the surface it has some advantages and
disadvantages over the approach I suggested.  However, the authors,
namely Teodor Sigaev and Oleg Bartunov are some pretty amazing coders.

merlin