Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do you have the ability to test 8.0 on the same machine? We did some
> extensive modifications to the signal stuff between 8.0 and 8.1, it'd be
> interesting to see if that changed things.

I had very similar behavior some weeks back on a machine that had not
been upgraded to 8.1.  It was a dual opteron on win2k server.  Some
simple queries (select 1 + 2) would work ok but anything that did real
work on tables would hang and the backend would not respond to
signals.  Only recourse was to end task from task mgr which cycled the
entire server with no data loss.

This may or may not be the same problem but it sounds similar.

Unfortunately the problem was extremely time sensitive and I could not
play with it much.  However, since this is pre-8.1 this argues against
Qingqing's signal changes (maybe).  I've since moved on to a linux
environment so my win32 contributions will diminish greatly :)

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Restoring a Full Cluster on a Different Architecture (32 x 64)
Сообщение: Re: Restoring a Full Cluster on a Different Architecture (32 x 64)