Re: What do the Windows pg hackers out there like for dev tools?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: What do the Windows pg hackers out there like for dev tools?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/10/06, Ron <rjpeace@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Subject line says it all.  I'm going to be testing changes under both
> Linux and WinXP, so I'm hoping those of you that do M$ hacking will
> pass along your list of suggestions and/or favorite (and hated so I
> know what to avoid) tools.

If you mean hacking postgresql source code, you pretty much have to
use the built in make/build system...this more or less rules out IDEs
and such.

I like UltraEdit for a text editor.  Another good choice for editor is
source insight.  Winmerge is a fantastic tool and you may want to
check out wincvs/tortoisesvn if you want to do checkouts from the gui.

Of course, to make/build postgresql in windows, you can go with cygwin
or mingw.  cygwin is a bit easier to set up and has a more of a unix
flavor but mignw allows you to compile native executables.

The upcoming windows vista will most likely be able to compile
postgresql without an external build system.

Merlin