Re: You may need to increase mas_loks_per_trasaction

От Claus Guttesen
Тема Re: You may need to increase mas_loks_per_trasaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Considering a quad core server processor, 4 GBs of RAM memory, disk Sata
> 2.
>
> What is the recommended setting for the parameters:
>
> max_connections:70

Depends on how many clients that access the database.

> shared_buffers?

I have mine at 512 MB but I will lower it and see how it affects
performance. I have 16 GB in my server.

> max_fsm_relations?
> max_fsm_pages?

Perform a vacuum analyze verbose and look at the last few lines. This
will tell you whether you need to increase max_fsm_*.

Consider lowering random_page_cost so it favoes indexex more often
than seq. scans.

But if you don't get a decent raid-controller your data will move slow
and tuning will only make a minor difference.

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare