Re: sequences and pg_upgrade

От Anastasia Lubennikova
Тема Re: sequences and pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
15.09.2016 15:29, Peter Eisentraut:
> On 9/14/16 8:52 AM, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
>> Could you clarify, please, why do we dump sequence in schemaOnly mode?
>> +    if (dopt.schemaOnly && dopt.sequence_data)
>> +        getSequenceData(&dopt, tblinfo, numTables, dopt.oids);
> The point of this patch is that with the new option, you can dump
> sequence data (but not table data) alongside with the schema.  This
> would be used by pg_upgrade for the reasons described at the beginning
> of the thread.

Oh, thank you. Now I see.
Somewhy I thought that it *always* dumps sequence data in schemaOnly mode.
Which is definitely not true.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: palloc() too large on pg_buffercache with large shared_buffers