Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/23/17 6:55 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Jim Nasby (Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com) wrote:
>> As others have mentioned, right now practically no one enables this,
>> so we've got zero data on how useful it might actually be.
> Uhm, Peter G just said that Heroku enables this on all their databases
> and have yet to see a false-positive report or an issue with having it
> enabled.
>
> That, plus the reports and evidence we've seen in the past couple days,
> look like a pretty ringing endorsement for having them.
>
> I'll ping the RDS crowd and see if they'll tell me what they're doing
> and what their thoughts are on it.

Oh, I read the thread as "there's no data to support checksums are
useful", not "there's no data to support there's little risk of bugs or
false-positives". I certainly agree that Heroku is a good test of both
of those.

IIRC Grant's mentioned in one of his presentations that they enable
checksums, but getting more explicit info would be good.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)