Re: [HACKERS] Create replication slot in pg_basebackup if requestedand not yet present

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create replication slot in pg_basebackup if requestedand not yet present
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/12/17 16:39, Michael Banck wrote:
> We could split up the logic here and create the optional physical
> replication slot in the main connection and the temporary one in the WAL
> streamer connection, but this would keep any fragility around for
> (likely more frequently used) temporary replication slots. It would make
> the patch much smaller though if I revert touching temporary slots at
> all.

That's what I was thinking.

But:

If the race condition concern that Jeff was describing is indeed
correct, then the current use of temporary replication slots would be
equally affected.  So I think either we already have a problem, or we
don't and then this patch wouldn't introduce a new one.

I don't know the details of this well enough.

Thoughts from others?