Re: history file on replica and double switchover

От Anastasia Lubennikova
Тема Re: history file on replica and double switchover
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.08.2020 16:02, Grigory Smolkin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I`ve noticed, that when running switchover replica to master and back
> to replica, new history file is streamed to replica, but not archived,
> which is not great, because it breaks PITR if archiving is running on
> replica. The fix looks trivial.
> Bash script to reproduce the problem and patch are attached.

Thanks for the report. I agree that it looks like a bug.

For some reason, patch failed to apply on current master, even though I
don't see any difference in the code.
I'll attach this thread to the next commitfest, so it doesn't get lost.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Maximum password length
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: A micro-optimisation for walkdir()