Re: pgsql: meson: docs: Add {html,man} targets, rename install-doc-*

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: meson: docs: Add {html,man} targets, rename install-doc-*
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On 2023-12-01 Fr 09:04, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Hi,

On 2023-11-20 Mo 20:53, Andres Freund wrote:
meson: docs: Add {html,man} targets, rename install-doc-*

We have toplevel html, man targets in the autoconf build as well. It'd be odd
to have an 'html' target but have the install target be 'install-doc-html',
thus rename the install targets to match.

This commit of one of its nearby friends appears to have broken crake's docs
build:

ERROR: Can't invoke target `html`: ambiguous name.Add target type and/or path:
- ./doc/src/sgml/html:custom
- ./doc/src/sgml/html:alias

See<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2023-11-23%2012%3A52%3A04>
Ah, I realize now that this is from meson compile html, not 'ninja html'. That
explains why I couldn't reproduce this initially and why CI didn't complain.
I don't really understand why meson compile complains in this case.  I assume
you don't want to disambiguate as suggested, by building html:alias instead?

I've done that as a temporary fix to get crake out of the hole, but it's pretty ugly, and I don't want to do it in a release if at all possible.

and doing this has broken the docs build for release 16.

OK, so this code is what I have now, and seems to work on both HEAD and REL_16_STABLE:

        my $extra_targets = $PGBuild::conf{extra_doc_targets} || "";
        my @targs = split(/\s+/, $extra_targets);
        s!^!doc/src/sgml/! foreach @targs;
        $extra_targets=join(' ', @targs) ;
        @makeout = run_log("cd $pgsql && ninja doc/src/sgml/html $extra_targets");