Re: xpath functions

От Francisco
Тема Re: xpath functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I saw it,but it says:
"Use of many of these functions requires the installation to have been built with configure --with-libxml"
When I installed postgreSQL I did not include this option, have I to reinstall postgresql?

2009/2/19 Osvaldo Kussama <osvaldo.kussama@gmail.com>
2009/2/19 Francisco <ricken11@gmail.com>:
> Hi List,
> I have installed postgreSQL 8.3 in my Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
> I want to use xpath functions (like xpath_table), but I can't. An error
> appears "xpath_table does not exists".
> How could I intregrate xpath funtions with my postgreSQL without
> reinstalling it?
> Any solution?
> Thanks ;)

From manual:
"From PostgreSQL 8.3 on, there is XML-related functionality based on
the SQL/XML standard in the core server. That functionality covers XML
syntax checking and XPath queries, which is what this module does, and
more, but the API is not at all compatible."
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/xml2.html

PostgreSQL 8.3 XML Functions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-xml.html

Osvaldo