Re: Question about COPY command

От Andrej
Тема Re: Question about COPY command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/1/9 Josh Harrison <joshques@gmail.com>:
> My question is is it possible to read the oracle data from the oracle
> database and copy them into postgresql database directly by using COPY
> command instead of jdbc preparedstatement(INSERT command) ?
Should be possible; just got to make sure that you have all the formatting
right, you may need something like sed or awk to make them match ...

Of course it also depends on the complexity of "database"; if you
have several tables w/ referential integrity then copy obviously wouldn't
be the right tool for the job.

> Thanks
> Josh
Cheers,
Andrej

От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: Re: column "id" is of type integer but expression is of type character
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: column "id" is of type integer but expression is of type character