Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Дата
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Список pgsql-general
On 01/02/2008, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
> The part about the BSD license is bogus. A BSD license is the most
> desirable of any Open Source license and gives you the right to use
> PostgreSQL in your commercial apps without worry.
While I'm a big fan of the BSD license (for varied reasons) I think that
OpenSource hardliners like RMS would argue that the BSD license is *NOT*
in the true spirit of OpenSource *BECAUSE* of what you list as a bonus
of it ... the locking down of benefits reaped from OpenSource not getting
back into the stream.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: "Adam Rich"
Сообщение: Re: Oracle Analytical Functions
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Log file permissions?