Re: Extracting hostname from URI column

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Extracting hostname from URI column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 9/12/07, Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au> wrote:
> > substring( href from '.*://\([^/]*)' );

> Ok, your solution looks better than mine... but I have no idea how to
> interpret that, time to consult some manuals.
Plain regex.... The key are the parenthesis () ...
basically it will omit ANYTHING + two slashes at the beginning
of a string.  Then it will match everything BUT a slash, and as
much of that as possible since regex are greedy by default
(hence the host name he was looking for) ... and everything
AFTER a slash will be omitted.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Paul Lambert
Сообщение: Re: Extracting hostname from URI column
От: Paul Lambert
Сообщение: Re: Extracting hostname from URI column