Re: Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux?

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Install on 32 or 64 bit Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/29/07, Ralph Smith <smithrn@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
Hi

> Are there any recommendations on whether to install onto 32 vs 64 bit Linux?
> We're going to be using virtual machines.
In addition to Ron's question I'd be curious to hear about
the hardware platform and intended use of the database.

So far my gut tells me that high-performance databases
(or Linux/Unix servers with high average work-loads) don't
really offer themselves to virtualisation that well, specially
when you throw lots of disk I/O into the equation.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: Is there a better way to do this?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Out of Memory - 8.2.4