Re: PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/24/07, Ashish Karalkar <ashish.karalkar@info-spectrum.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
Hi Ashish,

> I am having PostgreSQL server 8.2.0 running on Redhat Linux .
> I want to install PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server.
Why would you want to introduce an extra load on
the server if the GUI will run just as fine on a client
side?  To install X (and have it running) on a database
server is (from my perspective as a system person) a
not very prudent move;  you use more RAM that would
be put to better use for database stuff, and you introduce
more potential flaws and security risks.

That all said:
http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php

> Thanks In Adavnce
>
> With Reagrds
> Ashish...
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: "Ashish Karalkar"
Сообщение: PgAdmin GUI on the Linux Server
От: Henrik Zagerholm
Сообщение: Slow query but can't see whats wrong