Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?
Дата
Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 7/4/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> "Enterprise-level" tapes can sit in storage for 7-15 years and then
> still be readable.  Can a disk drive sit un-used for 7 years?  Would
> the motor freeze up?  Will we still be able to connect SATA drives
> in 7 years?
Same with a tape-drive, no?  I've seen so many standard changes
in drives and SCSI connectors ... if you don't keep spares of all the
equipment involved you'll face the same issue with tapes that you'd
face with SATA disks.

> --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA

-- Cheers,
   Andrej
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: blobs
От: wu_zhong_min@vrane.com
Сообщение: Re: [general] growing disk usage problem: alternative solution?