Re: when is useful min_wal_size?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: when is useful min_wal_size?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 12:41 +0100, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> this may sound trivial, but in my opinion min_wal_size is useful only
> when the cluster is initialized or the wals are reset.
> Am I wrong?

The amount of WAL that PostgreSQL pre-creates for future use
depends on the database activity but has a lower limit of "min_wal_size".

If your workload is subject to long lulls followed by activity spikes,
raising "min_wal_size" can improve the performance at the beginning
of an activity spike.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe