Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail oninsert/update

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail oninsert/update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/19/19 8:56 PM, William Denton wrote:
> When inserting up updating a row with not null constraints that are not
> satisfied, postgres reflects the values in the row in the error DETAIL.
>
> postgres=# create database test;
> CREATE DATABASE
> postgres=# \c test;
> psql (11.1 (Debian 11.1-3.pgdg90+1), server 11.2)
> You are now connected to database "test" as user "postgres".
> test=# create table person (firstname text not null, lastname text not
> null, email text not null);
> CREATE TABLE
> test=# insert into person values ('william', 'denton', null);
> ERROR:  null value in column "email" violates not-null constraint
> DETAIL:  Failing row contains (william, denton, null).
> test=# insert into person values ('william', 'denton',
> 'email@example.com <mailto:email@example.com>');
> INSERT 0 1
> test=# update person set email = null;
> ERROR:  null value in column "email" violates not-null constraint
> DETAIL:  Failing row contains (william, denton, null).
> test=#
>
> Is there a setting where i can disable the DETAIL field being populated
> with row data?

See:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

log_error_verbosity

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: William Denton
Сообщение: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail on insert/update