Re: commitfest 2016-11 status summary

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: commitfest 2016-11 status summary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/5/16 3:27 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:50 AM, Haribabu Kommi
> <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Moved to next CF with needs review.
>> 1. patch doesn't receive any full review in the commitfest
>> 2. Patch received feedback at the end of commitfest.
>
> The number of patches that got this treatment seems quite large.  If
> the people who are submitting patches are also reviewing other patches
> of comparable difficulty, this really shouldn't be happening.
> Something isn't working well, here.

Yeah. :( (and I'm embarrassed to admit I'm part of the problem :()

I think it would be good to have a different status for patches that got
bumped to the next CF due to insufficient review. It's already unfair to
authors, but at least if there was a separate status those patches could
be prioritized next time around. It would also allow tracking how big a
problem that is from one CF to the next.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)