Re: Logg errors during UPDATE

От Ivan Pavlov
Тема Re: Logg errors during UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Neiter LOG ERRORS nor REJECT LIMIT are implemented in PostgreSQL,
though I agree they may be useful. Both can be simulated with a custom
stored procedure which loops over a cursor and updates row-by-row,
trapping errors along the way. This will, of course, be slower.

regards,

Ivan Pavlov

On Dec 12, 4:34 am, spam_ea...@gmx.net (Thomas Kellerer) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with Oracle I have the ability to tell the system to log errors during a long transaction into a separate table and
proceedwith the statement. This is quite handy when updating large tables and the update for one out of a million rows
fails.

> The syntax is something like this:
>
> UPDATE <affecting a lot of rows>
> LOG ERRORS INTO target_log_table;
>
> Any row that can not be updated will logged into the specified table (which needs to have a specific format of
course)and the statement continues. You can add a limit on how many errors should be "tolerated".