Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От David Steele
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 1/20/17 10:06 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:

> Ah, yes, I noticed that you passed over the file twice but wasn't quite
> sure what functools.partial() was doing and a quick read of the docs
> made me think you were doing seeking there.
>
> All the pages are the same size, so I'm surprised you didn't consider
> just having a format along the lines of: magic+offset+page,
> magic+offset+page, magic+offset+page, etc...
>
> I'd have to defer to David on this, but I think he was considering
> having some kind of a bitmap to indicate which pages changed instead
> of storing the full offset as, again, all the pages are the same size.

I have actually gone through a few different ideas (including both of
the above) and haven't settled on anything final yet.  Most of the ideas
I've come up with so far are more optimal for backup performance but I
would rather bias towards restores which tend to be more time sensitive.

The ideal solution would be something that works well for both.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Вложения