Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 3/22/21 3:10 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 5:34 AM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> Just made minor changes to make it compiling again on current master (mainly had to take care of ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshotFullXid() that has been introduced in e5d8a99903).
>
> Please find enclosed the new patch version that currently passes "make check" and the 2 associated TAP tests.

Unfortunately it still not applying to the current master:

$ git am ~/Downloads/v10-000*.patch
Applying: Allow logical decoding on standby.
Applying: Add info in WAL records in preparation for logical slot conflict handling.
error: patch failed: src/backend/access/nbtree/nbtpage.c:32
error: src/backend/access/nbtree/nbtpage.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0002 Add info in WAL records in preparation for logical slot conflict handling.
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

oh Indeed, it's moving so fast!

Let me rebase it (It was already my plan to do so as I have observed during the week end that the v7-0003-Handle-logical-slot-conflicts-on-standby.patch introduced incorrect changes (that should not be there at all in ReplicationSlotReserveWal()) that have been kept in v8, v9 and v10.

> I'll have a look to the whole thread to check if there is anything else waiting in the pipe regarding this feature, unless some of you know off the top of their head?

Will do the same!!!

Thanks!

But as far I remember last time I checked it everything discussed is covered in this patch set.

That's also what I have observed so far.

Bertrand