Re: SVN event hooks for PL/PGSQL functions and DDL?

От Webb Sprague
Тема Re: SVN event hooks for PL/PGSQL functions and DDL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't mean to be thick headed, but  ...

On Jan 18, 2008 1:11 AM, Blazej Oleszkiewicz <bl.oleszkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its simple.

... it seems not so simple, as

(1) SVN docs say don't modify the repository before a commit,

(2) I would think that I would need to call pg_dump BEFORE the commit
in order to get a diff on the function code if appropriate, playing
hell with (1) above.  If the version control doesn't track my on the
fly changes to the functions, this little project is all for naught.

I will start experimenting today, but I would love any random thoughts
on this topic.

-W