Re: Convert node test compile-time settings into run-time parameters

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Convert node test compile-time settings into run-time parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24.05.24 16:39, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Maybe not three settings, but a single setting, with multiple values, like
>>> debug_io_direct?
>> Yeah, good idea.  Let's get some more feedback on this before I code up
>> a complicated list parser.
> Kinda doubt it's worth the trouble, either to code the GUC support or
> to use it.  I don't object to having the booleans in a debug build,
> I was just concerned about whether they should exist in production.

Right.  My inclination is to go ahead with the patch as proposed at this
time.  There might be other ideas for tweaks in this area, but they
could be applied as new patches on top of this.  The main goal here was
to do $subject, and without overhead for production builds, and this
accomplishes that.