Re: default to WITHOUT OIDS? Possible related problem

От Emmanuel Charpentier
Тема Re: default to WITHOUT OIDS? Possible related problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg> writes:
>
>>If ever this happens, same should be considered for tables created via the
>>SELECT INTO statement. These are in many cases 'temporary' in nature and do
>>not need OIDs (while making much use of the OIDs counter).
>

> SELECT INTO does create tables without OIDs, as of 7.3.  We've already
> had complaints about that ;-)

I very recently updated one of my servers to 7.3.1. Various MS tools have
started to give me guff when trying to access views in databases on that
server through ODBC. Especially, MS Query (yes, I have some Excel users
needing that) started complaining that "this table has no OID", which
really means that the ODBC driver complaints that ...

Is that a side effect of the above problem ?

Sincerely,
                Emmanuel Charpentier