Re: [DOCS] backpatching documentation after conversion to XML

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [DOCS] backpatching documentation after conversion to XML
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 10/22/17 11:33, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Peter, are you going to rename all the *.sgml to *.xml (and to move the
> files from sgml/ to /xml directory) as I did?

Not at the moment, but maybe later.  That can be a separate discussion.

> If so (I think it would be right), then backpatching without some
> modifications will be impossible anyway.

git cherry-pick should be able to handle it.

>> Another workaround would be to backpatch a check that greps for
>> something like '[^<]/>' in *.sgml and errors on that.

I have since figured out that the SP option -wnet will cause errors on
XML-style empty tags, so I plan to proceed that way after the minor
releases.