Having difficulty writing a "best-fit" query..

От Jamie Tufnell
Тема Having difficulty writing a "best-fit" query..
Дата
Re: Having difficulty writing a "best-fit" query..  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi list,<br /><br />I have a many-to-many relationship between movies and genres and, in the link table I have a third
/>movie_id,genre_id, relevance (i've used movie/genre titles for clarity here, but in reality they're id's)<br
/>--------------------------------------------<br/>beverly hills cop, action, 2<br />beverly hills cop, comedy, 1 <br
application:<br/>"Beverly Hills Cop is both an Action and a Comedy movie but primarily an Action movie."<br /> "The
HeartbreakKid is both a Comedy and a Romance movie but primarily a Comedy movie."<br /><br />First of all, if there's a
betterway to model this kind of ranking/ordering of many-to-many relationships, please let me know.<br /><br />Now, to
myproblem..<br /><br />I'm taking a subset of all my genres, and I want to get ONE row for each movie in the subset
alongsideits most appropriate genre (whichever has the highest relevance).  In other words, the best fit. <br /><br
/>I'vehad a few goes at writing this query but I can't seem to get it right.. The theory in my mind is to:<br /><br
/>1.filter the link table down to rows that fit the subset of categories (easy)<br /><br />2. filter the link table
furtherto keep only the max(relevance) for each movie_id .. this is where i'm having trouble. <br /><br />If someone

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: